Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello There!

So in case you are wondering who I am... I am a freshman in college living my life for Jesus. I am not perfect nor will I ever be. I learned and am still learning, since back in my freshman year of high school, that no matter how hard I strive to be perfect, I will never achieve. But what I do know, I can do anything and everything through Jesus, my Savior.
I often try to do everything myself, I have a hard time letting go of control. I am very inpatient and must admit, I like things to be done in my timing. But Jesus, He.. He knows my weaknesses. Even when I have a hard time confessing them, He knows. And to build my weaknesses into strength, He has been showing me His timing is everything. That His plans are greater than mine. That I will have to let go of my plans in order for His plans to be at work. For example, I came back to school this semester and had an idea of what it would be like, what I would do, who I would hang out with, where I would go. Can you guess how much of all that actually occurred? Yep, NONE. But I am not mad, I am blessed and I am thankful. As time passes by each event I had planned out in my head, He is able to explain and to show me why exactly that did not need to happen. I have struggled a lot these past few weeks with fully trusting His timing and not just giving up, but I keep praying for strength to trust in Him and to not give up. I want to live in His plans for me so badly. And in order to live in those plans, I must give up mine. Its a work in progress, I must be honest with you. But He isn't giving up on me and He will keep giving me the strength. And I must accept it.
Thats just a little, small glimpse of everything He is doing in my life today. He is always alive within me and teaching and showing me so much. I have found to obtain all those lessons He keeps showing me, it helps to write about them. Writing about what Jesus is doing in my life helps me reflect on all He is doing. That He is here. That He is alive. That He is not giving up on me. One fear of mine has always been to  share my writings and my thoughts. But recently over the past few weeks, He has been laying it on my heart to share. To share with others all that He is doing in my life, to shine His light for others to relate. And I so strongly believe we all have struggles. We all have problems. We all have happiness. We just all experience different emotions at different times. And I am wanting to share mine with y'all. I have written in journals, prayer journals and life journals, for the past five years of my life. And today, God gave me the strength to start sharing. He gave me the strength. I have always wanted to do a blog, but never thought what I had to say would matter. But that fear, God has taken away. I am not perfect, I just want to share my journey and my thoughts with others as I learn and grow in the life God has prepared for me. Join me!
I am not a grammatical expertise in writing by all means... so excuse me in advance! If I don't make since, I appologize. I often don't make since to myself. But join me, join me as I experience day to day happenings and reflect on them. I will admit my mistakes, I will admit my happiness. I want to chat about Jesus and what He is doing in me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment