Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Strength&Courage

I am so blessed and thankful for where I am in life. Being here in college has taught me so much. Everyday brings a new life lesson. Sometimes, those life lessons can be hard to accept. And when they are, all I can do is pray and let God work through them. Each day comes with a choice. A choice of accepting the day as it is or not.
Independence. This word describes a lot about college for me. Some people have a hard time in their transition to live independently. But for me I was thrilled to experience it. I love having the options to do what I want, when I want- all while managing my time and choices. Now there has been a lot of lessons I have had to learn. And they have not been easy. I have not always made the perfect choices, but I am allowing God to teach me how to live independently through the choices I make.

A few lessons I've gained:
Living independently requires self confidence in who I am and my beliefs. Not everyone I come across will have to agree with me nor will everyone like me. But I have to make the choice to have the confidence in who I am and who God has created me to be. I have to be willing to stand up for myself. Not who others want me to be.

Living independently, I have learned to accept its okay to be an outcast. I have to get over the fear of not knowing someone everywhere I go. I am learning how to handle myself and put myself out there to meet people. I can't let being afraid stop me from living. (This lesson is still very much being taught. I will admit, I still find myself holding back, but I keep praying for strength and courage).

It's very easy to let myself feel alone at times. I have even felt like there is no purpose for me and that no one cares. I'm not saying this is a constant feeling, but when it does arise I have to deal with it. And I have to be open and honest to God about it. I have to let God's love and peace feel me. He is the only one who is capable of fully satisfying me and all my needs. His love, is the greatest. He does have a purpose. And I pray He will not place that other person in my life to comfort me and be with me until I can fully learn this... to be completely satisfied in Jesus alone.  I am never alone, I have Jesus with me, at all times.

I've only been here for a semester and all that I have learned in that time, I am so thankful for. And I pray I will keep learning. It is shaping me into the person God has planned for me to be. And that gives me all the courage and strength I need to live each day to its fullest.
I am putting the verse from up top, down below with this entry because I believe it fits perfectly:

Lets be strong, lets be courageous, lets not be terrified! He is with us! He is going to provide us with the strength and courage we need each day to be ourselves. Lets set ourselves apart from others and not be afraid!


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go. 
Joshua 1:9

0 comments:

Post a Comment