Tuesday, February 7, 2012

FamilyImpacts

For the first eighteen years of my life, I grew up seeing a family member every single day (okay so maybe a total of 4 weeks out of the eighteen years did I not, due to vacation trips). But the point I am seeing... everyday I saw or talked to a family member. They were there to start my day off and there when it ended. A simple "good morning, we love you" was such a great foundation to start my day. My family is aware of how emotional I can get and the stress I can bring upon myself. And looking back on those first eighteen years, they provided support for me through all of my different emotions of each day. They were so comforting and would let me "fall" when I collapsed. They would also push me out of my comfort zone and encourage me to do what I became afraid of doing, being myself. It was through their love, support, and comfort that Jesus used to strengthen me and to hold me up. Being here in college- I am realizing how much I miss that "in person" support. As much as I miss that support that was right in front of me, I know and believe God has me here in Auburn to teach me and to let me grow. I am so blessed and thankful for those first eighteen years of seeing them everyday. As I continue to grow and learn, now more independently, my family will always let me "fall" when I collapse and be my support no matter how far apart we are. And it is through their support and encouragement that has impacted me to be myself. Without my family I would not be able to be the person God created me to be.
This past weekend, I went with my suitemate to her hometown in Knoxville, Tennessee. She always talks about how much she loves it there. She has the biggest smile on her face when talking about it and of her family. Being around her and her family this weekend, I saw the impact each family member has on who she is. Her dad, mom, brother, sister and even sister-in-law. I could see each one of them in her, each in a different, unique way. And it was such a cool thing to see, because it all comes together on why she is who she is. She has an incredible family. A family who brings her happiness. 
Wherever we are in life, it is our family who is our biggest support. When we get upset with a family member, I pray that we will let God handle our actions towards it. Because the way we handle ourselves towards them, can affect their actions. Family members have a huge impact on who we are. I encourage us to be loving, caringaccepting and supportive of each member.  I encourage us to let our families know how much they mean to us. A little love can go a long way. And lets not forget to show that love to our family. Lets have a Christ-centered impact on our families.

Family
like branches on a tree, 
we all grow in different directions, 
yet our roots remain as one.


I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have recieved. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit though the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4:1-3

0 comments:

Post a Comment