Monday, February 13, 2012

No Holding Back

This past weekend, I got to participate at my home church's DNOW. It was an absolute incredible weekend to be apart of. I went to my first DNOW in eighth grade. Each year I learned and grew so much in my walk with Jesus. This was the first year I got to be on the other side of things, leading a family group. I have one word to describe it, "wow!" It was such a cool experience. For me I felt less pressure... and your probably saying what?! after that comment. But its true. For so many years growing up, I loved Jesus but I made myself feel like I couldn't show how much I did love Him. I felt that way because of what others would think of me. I was afraid of losing friends. I was living inside a bubble that wanted to burst so badly, but I wouldn't let it. I limited myself to showing my full love for Jesus. Well being a college leader this weekend, I bursted out of that bubble. And let me be the one to tell you... it was great. I have a desire, and that desire is to show Jesus' love in all that I do. That others may see Jesus through me. For many years I have said a prayer that others would see Jesus through me. And Jesus has led me to understand in order for that to happen, I must not hold back. This weekend, I had Jesus with me. He gave me the confidence to show His love without fear of what the girls would think of me. I am not sure their thoughts of me but my prayer is that their thoughts wont be of me, that they will be of Jesus when they think of me. That they saw Jesus through me.
The theme word from this weekend was reveal. The girls from my group were a great group of girls. I see their love for Jesus and their desire to strengthen their relationship with Him. My prayer for them is that they wont hold back. That they will burst out of their bubble and fully show Christ's love in all they do. And I pray that everyday Christ will continue to reveal Himself to them and that they will let Him. That they will not hold back.
Jesus revealed a lot to myself this weekend as well. He showed me how much I do care for others.  That I want to share His love with everyone and not hold back, never again. I want to fully live on the edge for Jesus. He has given me the strength throughout the years and now its time, its time for me to go out. And I pray I will. I don't know exactly where that will lead to, but I am open to wherever it may be. And I know this is His plans not mine. For so many years I said I would not be a leader. That was my plans. Jesus has made it clear to me His plans for me are to share. And I have a burning desire to start sharing Jesus' love.
I don't know what the path looks like ahead of me. And I have no agenda. But I can fully announce to you and I shout... my plans are dead! I am living in Christ's plans for me... and I will share with you as He continues to reveal Himself to me everyday.
I pray if your reading this, that you will ask yourself, "Am I living in my plans or His plans?" For so many years I lived in my plans but assumed they were His. I pray that you wont hold back. That you will fully live in His plans. That you will let Him reveal Himself to you. Because He has great plans for you, plans that are far beyond your imagination.  But let Him in. Let Him show you. Don't hold back.

Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, 
who walk according to the law of the Lord. 
Blessed are they who keep his statuses 
and seek him with all their heart.
Psalm 119:1-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment